One of the most important decisions you make when you buy a house is the agent you hire to help you. I’m a real estate agent, and I love what I do, but I know there are some bad apples out there. You want someone who will work hard to find you the best house at the best price. Personally, I think offering Utah real estate commission rebates are a must-have, too. How do you know when you’ve found an agent who’s a keeper? Here are a few pointers.
Top 5 Qualities of a Great Utah Real Estate Agent
1. A great Utah real estate agent will be easy to communicate with. They should hear you out and understand how to help you find the right house for your situation. Don’t settle for someone who interrupts or pressures you! They should also be easy to reach if you have questions, concerns, or ideas.
2. A great agent will have a plan for online marketing. This is the way real estate has been moving for years. With the coronavirus crisis, it’s an absolute necessity. Ask about photography, staging, and how they promote their clients’ homes.
3. A great agent will know the area really well. Want to know where the best schools are? Where’s the best place to live if you want a short commute? A great agent will be able to tell you what your best options are so you can get your must-haves in a neighborhood.
4. A great agent will have a list of referrals for mortgage brokers, home inspectors, and other professionals. If you’re moving to a new area, you need to have recommendations of trustworthy people. An agent with experience in the area will know the best people in related fields.
5. A great agent offers Utah real estate commission rebates. Buying or selling a house is a partnership. You’ll be working hard, and so where your agent. So it’s only fair to split the commission.
Feel free to contact me so we can talk about your home buying or selling plans.